Sunday, October 31, 2010

Training must begin

Tomorrow starts Week 1, or week 16 as Tom Holland counts them down rather than up. Of course tomorrow is a rest day, which is good because I need one more day to get my head straight and get my plan in place. I'm excited to try this method. Tom Holland's plan is to run 4 days a week, 2 days of weight training and 3 days of core work out, and one full rest day (Monday's).

My friend MB and I are planning a marathon (or maybe a half since it IS winter). I wanted to run the Austin Marathon, but I'm not sure I'll be able to afford the trip. BUT I need a plan to train so I can keep a goal. So MB and his wife and I are laying out a marathon course so he and I both can have a race to train for.

I'm nervous because it is winter and I do live in the tundra, and we all know that I haven't been doing well this year. I'm hoping that now that I live in ONE place, that my focus on training will be easier. Here's hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment