Saturday, January 24, 2009

SFARC

Well, I finally did it. I sent in my registration for the SF Area Running Club. K had recommended I do this when I first moved here two years ago, but I hesitated. I'm really not a fast runner and when Jacqueline would talk about her runs and lament when she was running so slow (at 9:30 min/miles) I just cringed. I would kill for a 9:30 mile.

But as SG and I started running together we talked about it and decided to join. She wisely paid the dues right at the beginning of the year. I finally got mine sent out this week and my confirmation email today.

I am excited. I'm hoping to get faster this year but I know I won't be as fast as Jacqueline for a long time. At least I'll have some sort of club to belong to. AND we get 15% off at the Runner's Block store, so that's a bonus. :)

I didn't run today. Flippin' cold and windy. Tomorrow I head out of town and back late on Monday, so Tuesday I'll get out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment